Thursday, July 10, 2008

10 Things You Didn’t Know About Jenny Lehman.....


1. As a youth was an amateur equestrian and got my first pony at age 7.

2. I wanted to grow up to be a hippy and live in a van. My first car was an orange van with flames on the doors. I called it Flames and wanted to live in it while traveling to outdoor art shows selling my photography. It never happened.

3. My first real job was the summer out of high school. I was a projectionist at a movie theater. Yes I love Cinema Paradiso. I also worked in the ticket sales, concession stand, as an usher and even painted the parking lot curb, all for $1.25 an hour. They offered me the assistant manager job at $2.50 hour but I decided to go to college instead.

4. Although an average high school student, I was awarded the only full scholarship to The Art Institute of Atlanta in 1977 and graduated first in my class.

5. My biggest regret in life was not joining the Peace Corps right out of college. It’s not too late.

6. In 1980, I moved to Washington DC to work for the National Geographic Society. The second week I started I was given a burned 35mm film canister to process, the images were a series of Mount St. Helens eruption, showing the explosion closer and closer to the photographer. The photographer died while taking these images.

7. While working at NGS, I was the first person to ever see the photo images of the Titanic. Robert Ballard gave me 3 rolls of film at 11:30 pm. I processed and chose the first 5 images to reproduce and show the next morning at the press conference announcing the discovery of the Titanic.

8. I enjoy active vacations. Things I have done on my vacations have included skydiving, bungee jumping, hang gliding, parasailing, hot air ballooning, helicopter riding, scuba diving (PADA certified) and dove with 80 sharks while feeding them, camel trekking through Australia, pony trekking through Lesotho, and riding on the back of an ostridge (I only lasted about 10 seconds), and riding on the back of a Harley through Australia's outback. I actually used to videotape bicycle races riding backwards on the back of a motorcycle while keeping pace with the racers.

9. I used to be an avid white water rafter. I have rafted 5 Class IV rivers, in rafts and rubber duckies. And I have only fallen out once.

10. I love all the arts including the performing arts. I love the theatre especially local small companies, off and off off Broadway including stand-up comedy. I am a huge Cirque du Soleil fan and have attended every show at least once.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Washington DC Wedding Video | Washington DC Wedding Videographer